This is an assignment that focuses on the neighborhood analysis within strategic analysis. The paper focuses on the city of Mississauga.
Create a final report for the course that situates your neighbourhood within the context of the complete community framework and the strategic plan for the City of Mississauga. The final report draws together work already completed and presented in the course. Your report should have the following structure. The report will be graded according to this layout with specific marks for each section. Please remember, this is an group work, I only response for 1/5.
1. Introduction: Firstly, provide an introduction where you identify the focus and rationale of the report (neighbourhood analysis within the context of the complete community framework and the City of Mississauga’s Strategic Plan, how analysis occurred and how the report is organized). ~0 page (0 marks). DO NOT WRITE THIS PART
2. Literature Review: Secondly, provide a summary of the literature related to the concepts of urban sustainability, new urbanism and urban renewal (draw on the extensive reading list provided on the uploaded files page) ~1 pages (20 marks).
3. Methodology: Thirdly, a discussion of the methodology revised from the interim report (assignment1). This should include specifics of the methodology developed to complete the analysis, including methods used to measure aspects of neighbourhood completeness, division of the neighbourhood and rationale for the purpose of site visits, and details on how fieldwork was organized and completed ~1 pages (2.5 marks). I ONLY RESPONSEBLE FOR AREA2 (PURPLE AREA). SO PLEASE ONLY WRITE methodology FOR AREA 2.
4. Neighbourhood History: Fourthly, a short discussion of the history of the neighbourhood including origins, location and connectivity to the City – revised from initial submission (assignment1) ~1 page (35.5 marks).
5. Neighbourhood profile: A profile of the neighbourhood revised from the initial submission (assignment1). This should provide an illustrated summary (in graph format) and a written summary of the population living within the neighbourhood with a focus on the population structure (age, family and household structure), socio-economic characteristics (education, income, employment), residence (housing types, period of construction, occupancy/tenancy), diversity (immigration) and also transportation, and the connection to the built landscape. ~1 pages (10 marks). I ONLY RESPONSEBLE FOR AREA2 (PURPLE AREA). SO PLEASE ONLY WRITE neighbourhood profile FOR AREA 2.
6. Results: Discussion of the results of the field work including supporting illustrations such as maps, photographs and other forms of illustrations and collected data in tabular form. The written discussion should focus on the most important results determined from the site visits. A revision of the submission for the interim report (assignment1) ~3 pages (10 marks). I ONLY RESPONSEBLE FOR AREA2 (PURPLE AREA). SO PLEASE ONLY WRITE result profile FOR AREA 2.
7. Analysis: Analysis of the results in the context of the Neighbourhood Analysis Framework document.pdf and the City of Mississauga’s Strategic Plan.pdf. Revised from initial report (assignment1) submission ~1 pages (5 marks). BOTH FILES ARE UPLOADED, PLEASE READ THEM. I ONLY RESPONSEBLE FOR move section. SO PLEASE ONLY WRITE analysis FOR move section.
8. Discussion: A discussion of the concept of complete neighbourhoods in the context of the literature review (urban sustainability, new urbanism and also urban renewal) and the future development of the City of Mississauga. This should consider the suitability of this framework and the feasibility of implementation in Mississauga. ~0 page (0 marks). DO NOT WRITE THIS PART
9. Conclusion: Lastly, a conclusion that provides a succinct summary of the main arguments presented in the report. ~0 page (0 marks). DO NOT WRITE THIS PART