This is an assignment that focuses on the analytical methods for Spring policy advisory memo. The paper also identifies the challenges in the educational attainments in the US.
Spring 2020 PA 5988 Policy Memo Guideline Let’s assume that you are working as a policy advisor in the U.S. Department of Education. You were asked by your boss to write a policy memo on analyzing the current educational attainments in the U.S. and identifying the major challenges in terms of educational attainments in the United States. To be able to perform the task, you will have to examine data on the educational attainments in the United States by using the current population survey by a Census Bureau.
1) Firstly, identify a challenge or problem you consider the most significant or serious in terms of educational attainments in the United States.
2) Secondly, identify main variable(s) you have to observe or examine to prove your statement in the prior question on an educational challenge in the United States.
3) Thirdly, check and describe the data provided by the Census Bureau in order to prove your statement.
4) Fourthly, analyze your data and assess your statement on educational attainment challenges.
5) Lastly, please provide your advice or recommendation to your supervisor or boss regarding resolving the challenge based on your analysis. Data sources: You may find relevant information from the following website. https://www.census.gov/data/tables/2018/demo/education-attainment/cps-detailedtables.html § Submission method: Submit the policy brief using Assignment folder on the Blackboard § File name: Please name your submission file following the format. e.g. PA5988_SP20_PolIcy Brief_YOUR LAST NAME_FIRST NAM You need to use pie charts and graphs.
The assignment should be written in a word document that is at least four pages long. However, the reference and cover pages are not inclusive of the page number. Ensure to also include references of the sources that you will use in the paper.