OSTEOGENESIS IMPERFECTA. A &P Pathophysiology Paper. You will pick a disease for your pathophysiology paper. The disease must be for one of the organ systems covered this term listed in the syllabus.
A &P Pathophysiology Paper
You will pick a disease for your pathophysiology paper. The disease must be for one of the organ systems covered this term listed in the syllabus. Select a disease from current events that is an emerging or reemerging concern to you or people in your area. Provide local epidemiological data for the disease.
The paper must be in APA format and 2-5 pages.
Your paper must include:
• Introduction to the disease and the organ system (history, signs, symptoms, epidemiology etc.)
• Discussion of the normal anatomy and physiology of the organ system involved (cell and tissue populations involved, organs, primary functions, connections to other body systems)
• Discussion of the changes to the anatomy and physiology as a result of the disease (pathophysiology)
• Discussion of treatment/prevention options
• 3 primary and at least 2 secondary scholarly sources
For information about APA formatting and citations visit the GMC Library Guide on Citation Management at
Osteogenesis imperfecta (OI) is an inherited (genetic) bone disorder that is present at birth. It is also known as brittle bone disease. A child born with OI may have soft bones that break (fracture) easily, bones that are not formed normally, and other problems. Signs and symptoms may range from mild to severe.
There are at least 8 different types of the disease. The types vary greatly, both within and between types. They are based on the type of inheritance (see below), and signs and symptoms. These include findings on X-rays and other imaging tests. The OI types are as follows: