How Principles of lean operating systems improve performance – CMA case study questions. Read the Community Medical Associates case and provide your response to the following questions.
The four principles of lean operating systems based on CMA case
Read the Community Medical Associates case and provide your response to the following questions.
1. Explain how CMA used the four principles of lean operating systems to improve performance.
2. Using information from the case, sketch the original paper-based value chain and compare it to a sketch of the modern electronic value chain that uses a common database. Explain how the performance of both systems might compare..
3. What is a total annual record retrieval cost savings with the old (paper-based) versus new (electronic) systems?
4. Does this CMA improvement initiative have any effect on sustainability? If so, how? If not, why?
5. Using lean principles, can you simultaneously improve the speed and quality while reducing waste and costs? What are the tradeoffs? Justify.
Community Medical Associates (CMA) is an expanded patient and family-centered medical practice serving the Merrimack Valley and southern New Hampshire. Our caregivers have extensive experience caring for families, from pediatrics to geriatrics, and everyone in between – health care you and your family can trust. Our providers specialize in pediatric, adolescent, adult & senior integrative medicine, women’s health services, obesity medicine, and chronic disease management.
Open Access Scheduling™, which means appointments are made on the day and time that works best for the patient, with same day and next day appointments available as well. We also offer continuity of care, by coordinating your care at the hospital, in the event that you are ever admitted.
Community Medical Associates (CMA) is affiliated with Lawrence General Hospital, so our patients now have access to specialists from both Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Tufts Children’s Hospital. Together, we provide you and your family with the expert care you deserve.