This is an assessment that focuses on the demonstration of the relationship between public and organization. The paper also provides guidelines on the writing of the assignment.
Assessment 1: Report. In this part of the overall report, demonstrate your understanding of the concepts of stakeholders, issues, and publics, describing the nature of the issue and assessing how it affects the relationships between publics and the selected organisation. Use the following structure for this part of your report.
· The purpose of this section of the overall report.
A brief description of the organisation that you have chosen to focus on
This section should include the following:
· Subsections on stakeholders, issues and publics. Each subsection should begin with a definition of the relevant term from scholarly literature*, and you should bring in examples from beyond your chosen case to support your discussion.
· Identification and discussion of the case organisation’s stakeholders. Use the definition of stakeholders you provided earlier to support your discussion.
· Discussion of the issue specified on Blackboard for the case organisation. Use the definition of issues you provided earlier to support your discussion.
· Identification and discussion of the case organisation’s publics in relation to this issue. Use the definition of publics you provided earlier to support your discussion. For higher marks, provide a justified prioritisation of these publics.
· A discussion of the potential consequences that may occur if the issue changes the relationship between the organisation and also its publics. Support the discussion with relevant theory*.
· Lastly, an issue statement that summarises the links between the issue and the case organisation’s publics, and describes the impact of that issue on the relationship between the organisation and those publics.
Submission: Submit as a Word or PDF document using the link provided on Blackboard.
1. Value neutral statement: superannuation investment funds are coming under pressure from members to stop investing in organisations that mine fossil fuel (divestment).
You work for Unisuper.