Choose a regional non-profit organization of your choice.I encourage you to look for smaller organizations with limited resources that could use the help!
Choose a regional non-profit (examples: United Way, Meals-on-Wheels, Cherry Blossom Festival, etc.) Keep in mind that these are just examples. Pick an organization of your choice! I encourage you to look for smaller organizations with limited resources that could use the help!
The paper should include the following:
I. Executive Summary
II. Environmental Analysis
A. The Marketing Environment
• Competitive forces
• Economic forces
• Political forces
• Legal and regulatory forces
• Technological forces
• Sociocultural forces
B. Target Markets
C. Current Marketing Objectives and Performance
III. SWOT Analysis
E. Matching Strengths to Opportunities/Converting Weaknesses and Threats
IV. Marketing Objectives
V. Marketing Strategies
A. Target Markets (s)
B. Marketing Mix
VI. Marketing Implementation
A. Marketing Organization
B. Activities, Responsibility, and Timetables for Completion
VII. Evaluation and Control
A. Performance Standards and Financial Controls
B. Monitoring Procedures
Format and References
• Be creative in design, but ensure all required information is included! Build something that you will be proud to present to this non-profit.
• Utilize three or more credible sources (primary and secondary). Note: Wikipedia is not a credible source and should not be included in your paper.
• Paper length 10 -12 pages; including a title page and references page.
• Use headings, sub-headings, sub-sub-headings, etc. whenever you change the topic. Do not turn in a paper without headings, etc.
• If necessary, obtain a style manual for heading examples. You can use the Marketing Plan Assignment format if you wish.
• Indent the beginning of each new paragraph.
• Include a title page with the title of the project, your name, and any other information you deem useful.
• Do not write the paper using an outline format.
A marketing environment encompasses all the internal and external factors that drive and influence an organization’s marketing activities.
Marketing managers must stay aware of the marketing environment to maintain success and tackle any threats or opportunities that may affect their work.
A marketing environment is vast and diverse, consisting of controllable and uncontrollable factors. A good grasp of your marketing environment helps to:
The features of a marketing environment are typically: